MISUSE & SAFETY NOTICE
Certain cannisters and cylinders “cream chargers” that Cloverleaf Distribution Ltd (Cloverleaf) sells contain the gas nitrous oxide (N2O). Cloverleaf is emphatically concerned in making sure that our customers understand that our products are to be sold for their intended and legitimate purpose of food preparation in a safe and responsible manner. Accordingly, all products supplied by Cloverleaf or via this website are, without limitation, subject to and in accordance with this Misuse & Safety Notice and your ordering of products from this websites confirms that you have read, understood and accept this notice.
Cloverleaf N2O products are not for medical use and NOT for human consumption, the act of which is illegal
Human consumption of N2O often known as “Laughing gas” can have serious side effects such as brain injury, nausea, vomiting, excessive sweating and dizziness. Misuse or inhaling N2O can even be fatal due to asphyxiation. Such products must therefore be bought, and sold by the buyer, for legitimate purposes such as an approved food additive when used as a propellent for whipped cream.
Cream charger and tank products should be handled with care at all times – N2O inside the canisters and tanks are greatly pressurised. With respect to N20 cannisters and tanks (together with any relevant equipment), DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES:
- Pierce or impale them
- store in an unsafe or unsecure manner (note the environment must be temperature-controlled in accordance with Product user instructions)
- dispose of them until they’ve been fully emptied safely
- dispose of them in an unsafe or unauthorised manner
Cream Chargers contain Nitrous Oxide (N2O) which is governed under the Psychoactive Substances Act 2016 (PSA16) due the gases psychoactive properties if consumed. The act states it is a criminal offence to supply a psychoactive substance to another person if you are aware, or you are reckless as to whether the substance is likely to be consumed by the person to whom it is supplied (or by some other person) for its psychoactive affects.
Cloverleaf is fully compliant with the PSA16 and we are proud to say our practices go above and beyond the requirements as responsible distributors of a restricted product.
In order to ensure optimum safety for our customers , Cloverleaf operates under the following misuse and safety guidelines:
- All sales are made to persons STRICTLY aged 18 or over.
- Cloverleaf will refuse to sell to you if we suspect you intend to misuse our products in any way and you will be blacklisted from any future sales. THE SALE OF NITROUS OXIDE CREAM CHARGERS AND TANKS ARE SOLELY FOR PREPARATION OF FOOD AND BEVERAGES.
- You understand that inhalation of the gas inside cream chargers carries the risk of serious health problems, including death.
- Your do NOT intend to misuse the products.
- You do NOT intend supply the products to any 3rd person for the purpose of misuse, nor in a way that is reckless as to whether that 3rd person intends to misuse the goods.
- You do NOT intend to supply any persons under the age of 18 with the products.
- That you will take all reasonable measures to ensure the goods are only used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- You’ll take all reasonable measures to ensure that the goods are kept in a secure place, with NO access to minors or persons who may misuse the products.
- You understanding that pressurised chargers and tanks contain compressed gas, and as such should never be put on board an aircraft.
- That you understand that if you are found to have misused the products, supplied a 3rd party for misuse or in a reckless manor, or supplied persons under the age of 18, we will terminate our business relationship with you, banning you from any future purchases, and where appropriate share that information with the police.
- It is your understanding that none of the above statements should be considered as legal advice, and that you should seek your own professional legal advice where necessary.
If you are unclear about the contents of this informational notice or any matters relating to the use of N2O products, please contact us at [email protected]